Please join us for lunch!
For our meeting Monday, September 26th 2022, we welcome Julie Ann Avin
President & Executive Director – Mental Illness Recovery Center, Inc. (MIRCI) Columbia, SC.
Clemson University: Master of Education in Counseling, 1989.
Charleston Southern University: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 1984.
Julie’s Work Experience
1991 – Present- President & Executive Director – Mental Illness Recovery Center, Inc. (MIRCI) Columbia, SC.
Oversee operation of the numerous programs of MIRCI – behavioral healthcare clinics; supportive housing programs; community integration program; representative payee program for entitlement incomes; drop-in center for homeless or at risk youth; homeless outreach and benefits assistance; and transportation program through the SC Department of Transportation – all providing community based services for persons recovering from mental illness. Assure all programs operate according to contractual and legal requirements. Inform and advise the Board of Directors of policy and procedure needs, service needs, budgeting, and operations of the agency. Responsible for on-going program development and fund development.
- Memberships and Community Associations
- Midlands Area Consortium for the Homeless Board of Directors
- SC Department of Mental Health – State Planning Council – 2002 – 2012
- Interagency Council on Homelessness – Founding Board Member – 2010 – present
- Chair United Way of the Midlands Nonprofit and Associations Campaign Committee
- Numerous committees and work groups through the SC Hospital Association
- Former member of Board of Directors for United Way of the Midlands; Transitions Homeless Center; Work in Progress
- 2020 Columbia Regional Business “Icon”
- 2021 Recipient of the Order of the Palmetto from Governor Henry McMaster